Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A little philosophy on a Tues. night

So remember that blog post I had where I wasn't sure about things...but then I was? This is kindof a follow up...


We all make decisions in our lives. I have this weird tendancy to make many life-changing ones very rapidly. I figure if drastically changing my hair doesn't shake my life up enough, its time to go to extremes. I never thought I would say this, because by nature, I am no wilting flower, but I think in many cases I have been too passive in my life to this point, and given people more control than they were warranted.


Today I was driving home and I saw (or rather heard) a couple fighting...well really the girl (could not have been more than 19) was getting yelled at. Sworn at. Violently berated. There were tons of people around the lot, so I pulled up and nicely said that he should think about cooling it. I seriously could not stand this guy, and he got under my skin...swore at me, and rushed my car window. The girls response- "Don't talk to strangers like that." No honey...don't talk to anyone like that. I offered her a ride somewhere and she declined...I wish she had not because I'm sure she will get hit. To that girl...I am sorry-I hope you find wisdom and get the hell out of there. There was another man who watched them as they walked after I had to leave. To the man- other people are watching your behavior, and if your gf wont call the cops on you, someone else will. The point is, I dont think I would have even tried to do anything before, and that is such crap.


Here I have learned some new kind of aggression. I got hired for a job with it, I have made a lot of new friends with it...It is working for me. Stella got her groove back...


Meanwhile, my calves are killin' me, I'm learning to sleep with the sun up, and I am being healthier than I have been in a long time. Here's some new pics...
Sunset over our balcony
Lake Eklutna...the greens are incredible...

1 comment:

  1. Dude I want to meet more friends too! But selling fruit is pretty fun. :) Yay for us michiganders.

    ReplyDelete