Monday, May 18, 2009

4 More Days...Please Recommend Plane Literature...

As I sit here in my office for the first of 3 12-hour shifts this week...I have decided that I really cannot wait to get the hell out of here. No amount of re-organizing that I can do can make this place look good, and the staff keeps screwing up and getting pissy with eachother..and you know what? I don't really get paid enough to deal with it. So I'm taking the summer off. How nice for me.


That does not really mean that I am not having mixed feelings about leaving still. I love my job most days. I love my co-workers...most days. I hate that sometimes my job overlaps with other departments that I may not want to see for personal reasons...but that is beside the point.


Basically because of a slew of very strange circumstances, I find myself, for better or worse, with absolutely no responsibilities to anyone other than myself. So why not go to Alaska. Actually on some strange level I feel like everyone is doing it. It's the new trendy locale for college grads hoping to avoid responsibility for just a few more months...and get really nice crispy tans. I am hoping I can get a really nice crispy tan. Kinda like this....
Ok maybe not this extreme...but I am looking at the average UV Index for the area..and it's definitely tannable. Now for the weather up there...
Dear Alaska-
Do you think that you could consider getting into the 60's up there next week? I am thinking it would be a very nice welcome for me. OKTHNXBUHBYE.
Mags
I say this after my mom warned me that my Dr. warned me that I have some pre-cancerous spots on my face..or rather just one...but who cares- thats what sun block is for...and there is UV protection in my makeup...that I never wear...I'll buy some sunblock. Some day skin cancer scars will probably be some huge fad and if you are over 20 and havn't had a suspicious mole-ectomy, you will be clearly uncool...
I am told by a fellow tweep that Alaskan Amber is something to be admired, so I am getting pretty excited about the beer scene up there too. That's all for now...if you stumble upon this posting I'm taking suggestions for excellent plane reading...I don't do sappy..so please no jodi picoult or teusday's with maurie guy...blegh...no thanks. I'll pass on Into the Wild too...

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I was that tweep. It's too bad you're not driving up through Canada, they had a couple of good brews there too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and btw...good plane lit is the new Wired magazine...guest edited by Mr. J.J. Abrams. Also the books The Godfather, No Country for Old Men, and Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

    ReplyDelete