Monday, March 16, 2009

Dear Michigan Summer...

I'll miss you most of all. Your big thunderstorms rolling in on your nice, sandy beaches, your perfect mix of warmth and humidity...your green, green trees...let's face it- Summer is about the only time of the year that it is consistantly gorgeous in Michigan, and you would be hard-pressed to find a better summer anywhere. It's winters, im here to say, can suck it! It's springs are moody and wishy-washy, and while fall is lovely, it is eclipsed by the fact that it comes right before winter, so it too sucks. Kind of like sunday being awesome except that its passing brings on monday...
No- I am most definitely a summer girl. And I will miss sunday v-ball with my family, and walking all over GR...I will miss summer beer fest, the 4th of July at the Lake..Venetian festival...
But, its just one summer, and i'll never be up-rootable like this again. And so I will wave good-bye to Michigan summers...and hunt down some sort of lighthouse/pier thing in Anchorage. I probably won't swim though- im guessing the north pacific is a bit chilly.
A breif aside...

Dear Chicago Socialites w. Second Homes Here...
I will not miss you. Please stop making our beaches as disgusting as yours. And tip your servers better if you insist on showing off how much money you have. And drive better. I will be back in sept. w. my driving finger ready for you- in my absence I expect my fellow Michiganders to pick up the slack.
<3 Maggie

OK now that that's out of the way...if anyone from Alaska stumbles upon this blog, I:
A- Would love to hear what's great about Anchorage in the summertime. And...
B- Promise not to be anything like rude Chicago people in your lovely state...really we don't even consider them to be mid-western.

Michigan Summer, tu me manques...Save a brat for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment