Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I love college, but I am really looking forward to it being over.



<----Me right now. Just in case you were wondering.

I am listening to new albums from Razorlight and the Decemberists trying to chill my brain out after a truly painful week. It is helping a little bit.

Not as much as really really fresh air and visible stars...though a rock-opera about a girl named Margaret, her shape-shifting, forest dwelling bf, an evil queen and a murderer does to a good job of taking me someplace relatively far from the flourescent-lit education cave im sitting in.

These are the circumstances that lead my mind down a wondering path...like what if we had natural light and not flourescent light in all class rooms. Would I feel more chipper? What about tanning bed bulbs. That's an idea. Or what is with pageant kids- and more importantly, whats with their moms? And why are they all southern? As you can see my mind is a veritable steel trap- and it is also largely useless lately. Focus is the car I drive- and certainly the only type of focus I posess.

In a land of ice and snow and limited cell phone and internet access, I certainly hope I can quiet the more demonic aspects of my very unruly brain into something that can once again find focus and strength of purpose. I mean I have like a 400 pg. novel completely written in my head. Putting it down on paper should be nothing, but I can't find the internal focus to do it- even when I am not doing my homework either. I am over-stimulated and under-paid. I need to find a way to reverse that- less stimulation, more money. I am guessing it will take me at least a month to clear out all the random un-filed thoughts floating around up there...assuming I find some way to take it easy on any extraneous thoughts for the next few weeks, and assuming Alaska doesn't turn me into someone who cares about bristol's break-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment