Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My Heartbreak? Mt. Redoubt, no doubt!


Well, because I am a sick person, my biggest disappointment for the week has been the eruption of Alaska's Mt. Redoubt. The Alaska Volcano Observatory reports that its continued violent eruption will likely wear out quickly. Today Alaska Airlines resumed flights over the area, and the ash has not spread as far as Anchorage.

So not only has this been a boring eruption, but I was not there to see it. Yes- if it is severe, and weather related- I want to be there. I'm the idiot standing there poking the lava flow with a stick, not showing the fear or reverance that a mighty volcano deserves.

So now because I am not standing in the middle of a natural disaster, I find myself bummed out. There are other volcano's on the "yellow" list for the observatory, but I want to see some destruction. (I know- sick!)



Meanwhile, this eruption has provided some lovely photos...

No comments:

Post a Comment